Masses and mole number - 1 | The Periodic Table and Atoms
General Chemistry 1 - Masses and mole number - 1
- What is the molar mass M of CrBr3?
- Calculate number of moles n in 26.0 g of CrBr3?
- How many molecules N do you have in 26.0 g of CrBr3?
- How many atoms of bromine NBr do you have in 26.0 g of CrBr3?
- M = MCrBr3 = MCr + 3 x MBr = 51.9961 + 3 x 79.904 = 291.71 g.mol-1
- n = nCrBr3 = = = 8.91 x 10-2 mol
- nCrBr3 = ⇒ N = nCrBr3 x NA = 5.37 x 1022 molecules of CrBr3
- 3 atoms of Br in CrBr3:
NBr = 3 x N = 1.61 x 1023 atoms of Br